Sunday, November 9, 2008

Piled Higher and Deeper


At 19 I moved into my own apartment. As an apartment dweller, there was very little yard work needed or required- water the potted plants, discard them when dead.

In August 2007, I moved into our current home with Tom. It's a small house with a nice backyard containing 7 trees. What I never considered was the raking. My family with land, has lots of land, so bush-hogging is more of the issue. In south Louisianian most trees loose their leaves in the spring, so they are sucked up with the grass.

That's not the case here. We have been raking all morning, since our lawn was covered in leaves. The bad news is that we still have 3 trees that haven't lost there leaves yet. The good news, is it appears we have our very own Madam Trash Heap. I'll just have to keep an eye out for Fraggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment