Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Cat's Out of the Bag

It's official. Tom and I will be adding to our household come January. In addition to our cat and dog, we are adding a baby into the mix. I am 13 weeks along and things are going well. Unless you consider overwhelming morning sickness unpleasant. It makes brushing my teeth and driving to work an adventure.

The top two weirdest things about being pregnant:
1- I have absolutely no craving for chocolate. None at all. My entire life I have craved chocolate. I prefer dark chocolate because it is just extra chocolate. I have always despised white chocolate, because it is not chocolate. Yet, when I ate that one piece of chocolate since conceiving, my body responded by a simple, "hmm... food," instead of it's usual "YES!!! Food of the Gods."

2- My appetite is actually less than before. I just can't eat as much before I feel full and not just a little full, but stuffed, it must be Thanksgiving, full. The baby isn't that big yet, just the size of a lemon, so I don't think it should be impacting me that much. However, after seeing it kick my bladder in the ultrasound, maybe the kid just wants some more room. I'm not in maternity clothes yet, so maybe there just isn't enough room for food?

So that's what I didn't expect. The morning sickness, I kind of expected given my mother's experience, but it really sucks.

C'est la vie. It is worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment